The primary goal of this plugin fixture placement program is to hasten the design of furniture and other items made of particleboard, MDF, etc. The fasteners and fixtures for flat parts that are joined at right angles will be inserted by the program. By using solid modelling in AutoCAD, you may significantly reduce the time and effort required to combine parts or add circuitry. This program does not necessitate purchasing or learning to utilize a particularly complicated piece of specialist furniture. It is an extremely user-friendly program that will eliminate errors and save time compared to doing the work manually from avcoffice.com/setup.
Learn more about the program’s installation and download here.
You must register for an account and top off your account balance with cash donations or bonuses in order to utilize the plugin.
After that, you can activate a licence:
- Yearly licence – 15 EUR.
- $75 for an unlimited licence. For a year, updates are free.
- There is a 20-day trial period.
- The program can itself find the joints of two flat parts (solids). You can choose several details at once. Fixtures will be place at all suitable joints.
- The program will discard details that are not suitable for the connection. The parameters of suitable parts can be adjust for each type of fixtures.
- With the program comes a small library of popular fixtures: RTA fittings, Fasteners, Furniture hinges, Shelf holders, Hardware, Confirmat, Minifix, Häfele Rafix, Angle Bracket, Catches, Wood Dowel and Biscuits, Door Locks and Latch, Intersection Sleeve and Tapping screw… These elements – blocks containing solids, it is convenient to use for further subtraction of fixing holes using the command Drill.
- You can create new fixtures yourself. Fixtures must be pre-created as blocks, with properly deploy solids inside.
- The fixture-block, drawn in the millimeter drawing, can be insert into inch drawings. The program itself will take care of scaling and converting settings. Just set up the units of your drawing (INSUNITS = 4 or 1).
- A convenient dialog box allows you to quickly select the required fixtures and adjust the settings of the arrangement.
- You can select the fixture-blocks from a template file or from other drawings. The program itself copies the block to the current drawing.
- For the selected parts, the program finds two adjacent flat surfaces and arranges the fixture-blocks along a straight line along the long side of this joint.
- You can customize the program to find the joints of the parts, even if there is a gap between the parts.
- It does not matter how the joint in space is unfolded. In any case, the program will rotate fixture for parts.
- The program can check whether the selected parts for the dimensions of this fixture are not too small.
- You can adjust the distance from the edge of the joint to the first part and the maximum step of repeating the fixtures.
- You can limit the length of the fixture installation with the width of the drilling machine. In this case, the program will try to arrange the fasteners from both ends of the joint.
- You can force the program to adjust the distance from the corner of the part to the fixture to the furniture standard 32 mm additive step.
- You can adjust the depth of mounting furnitures or set the alignment in the middle of the thickness of the end piece.
- The settings for alignment are stored in invisible attributes of the fixture-block and copied together with the block. You can create as many identical fixture-blocks with different alignment settings. Copies of blocks are done in 1 click.
- You can also easily rename the fixture-blocks right in the settings dialog.
- The program remembers the name of the last used block and can use the same fixture on the next call without unnecessary requests.
- The command has command-line options, thanks to which you can create your own buttons and palettes to arrange different fixtures.
Operating procedure of Plugin Fixture
- If you not need command options you can select the parts to be connect before the Fixture command is ask.
- Call the Fixture command.
- The program will not open the dialog for selecting fixture if the last used fixture are already in the drawing. But you can set the show the dialog each time.
- In the dialog box, select the file with the mounting blocks
- Select the fixture in the list. If the list does not contain the required block, check the box “Show all blocks”
- Click the “Insert block” button if you need to edit the settings, and then the block is select from a other file.
- If you need the same fixture, but with different settings, click the “Copy”
- Edit the settings and the name of the block
- Click OK or click on the block in the list twice
- Select all parts to be connect, if they have not select before the command is call.
- Check the intersections of fixture and parts, the direction of the arrangement, remove excess fixtures, move the unsuccessfully located ones.
- Then Subtract the holes with the command Drill
- Make details drawings and also contours for milling with the commands Lay and NC_Prepare